In the following terms and conditions “the photographer” refers to Richard Howden trading as Richard Howden Photography. “The Client(s)” refer to those persons defined as Bride and Groom on the Wedding Booking and Agreement Form. These terms and conditions can not be varied in any way by the client(s) unless agreed by the photographer in writing.
1. Copyright: Images remain the property of Richard Howden Photography, however you will have full rights to distribute and print for personal and family use. This in turn allows us to share your images freely without consent. When sharing publicly, recognition is given to Richard Howden Photography in accordance with ownership rights. The full rights and ownership of the images can be purchased at an additional cost.
2. Images: All Images will be delivered to the client by the photographer at full resolution and watermark free. The photographer will colour balance to the best of their ability but also use photographic techniques to produce images in their bespoke style.
3. Retouching: The Photographer will retouch, digitally manipulate and finish the image processing to their own discretion. Any changes requested by the client(s) may be subject to an extra charge at the discretion of the photographer.
4. License, Coverage and Reproduction: Photographs taken during the event will be at the discretion of the photographer although every effort will be made to comply with the client’s requirements. The photographer shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the compositions and locations used. The photographer’s judgement regarding these matters will be deemed correct. The photographer will endeavour to capture all individuals as requested by the client(s) at some point, but no responsibility will be taken by the photographer on the occasion of leaving somebody out. For Church venue bookings, the photographer’s movements may be restricted by the official in charge. The area covered by the photographer may not be the photographer’s choice. The photographer can not accept responsibility for any obstructed views should this be the case, resulting in missed opportunities. Due to varied lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colours may alter throughout a set of photographs. These images will be digitally remastered to colour match conditions to the best of the photographer’s ability. Although all equipment is checked and serviced regularly and responsible steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
5. Prices: All package prices and details along with additional goods on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling on the date of booking. Any promotional offers after this document is agreed will not be applied to the booking. Goods not on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling at the time of receipt of the order. Prices provided by the photographer will stand for a 14-day period and may be subject to change.
6. Payments: A non-refundable booking fee of £200 will confirm your booking and secure the date, as well as full acceptance of the terms and conditions you agreed to by email, message or booking form. The booking deposit will be deducted from the cost of the client’s package when calculating the final balance due. Payment in full of the remaining balance will be due 1 calendar month before the event day. Additional product must be paid in full at the time of order. Titles to all goods remain with the photographer until paid for in full by the client(s). If the client is struggling with payments then they must contact the photographer to advise of the situation. The photographer will endeavour to help come to an agreement.
7. Force Majeure: In the event that the photographer is unable to attend the event due to any cause beyond their control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding etc. The photographer will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another photographer. In the event of cancellation by the photographer, or in the very unlikely event of a total photographic failure, liability will sit with the photographer who will provide a limited full refund of any fees paid.
8. Cancellation Fees: If the Client(s) should have to cancel a booking the following fees will apply. The booking deposit of £200 is non-refundable and will not be returned after the initial booking. Should the client wish to cancel more than 3 months before the event, this will only result in the loss of the deposit. Any additional fees paid will be refunded within 30 days. Should the client wish to cancel less than 30 days before the event then 50% of the balance will remain and should be paid within 1 month before the original event date. If the client is in any way struggling to meet the required payments, please contact the photographer. Legal action will be taken on all outstanding balances if these terms are not met.
9. Any complaints should first be raised by the client to the photographer within 21 days from receipt of the images.